viernes, 1 de mayo de 2015

An artist


Hi everyone, when I read the post immediately I thought in a Chilean artist, I discovered him by one professor that tell me about the immigrant terms. Precisely I’m researching about immigrant dynamics in Chile, fine, his name is Rodrigo Valenzuela, he was born in Chile and studied in our arts school, his major was photography as I. The photographers who graduate from my major are very stylish hahaha After that, he decided to live in USA and to produce works of art very interesting. He work with the photographic language, with simple shots manages to give certain sensations about human conditions, reality of this country, immigrants, landscapes, etc. I like his esthetic, his visual cleanness, etc. He says that constructs narratives, scenes and stories which tell us about the person and the community.

I chose to write about him because is so important to spread the work of more young artists, I’m a little bored to speak the same ever: Duchamp, Warhol,  etc

Rodrigo will come to Chile to present part of his work in the Museum of Contemporary Art (MAC) and… Mónica, one teacher of photography, told me that he will be also in the art school, I think that will utilize the moment for to talk with him, ask for their work, share interests, tips, etc.
Well, I leave you with one of works by Rodrigo, called "March"

See you ! 



4 comentarios:

  1. I just looked his web page and i have to say that his photos are very surrealistic...great artist!!!!!

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Maybe we should be learn more about contemporary artist, young artist like us (SHEE!!) everything is not happened in XIX century...

    ResponderBorrar
  3. Ou! I reeeeally want to go with you at the museum to see his work...
    - the fat guy in the photo looks like the old man on the laguna verde's beach hahahahaha I think in our vacations. !

    ResponderBorrar
  4. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderBorrar